AYURVEDA – A PURE HOLISTIC HEALTH APPROACH TO HUMANITY
Meaning of Ayurveda
Ayurveda is a holistic system of medicine for healing the human body internally that was developed in India over 5,000 years ago. The word ‘Ayurveda’ is a two word derived from Sanskrit. ‘Ayur’ means “life’s principle” or “longevity”, and ‘veda’ refers to a “system of knowledge” or “wisdom”. Thus, ‘Ayurveda’ means the ‘wisdom for living’ or ‘knowledge of long life’ or ‘science of life.’ Ayurveda is the oldest science and documented medical system of medicine in the world system. It is the wisdom from which Yoga stems. Ayuveda is more than just a system of medicine, it is a way to promote longevity and balance the body: physically, mentally and spiritually. It is basically combination of body, soul and mind.
Ayurvedic medical system tells us about the absolute source of ‘Paramatma’ which is the main origin for all the wisdom and intelligence that the main principle of Ayurveda is the three vital elements in the human body. These vital elements are Vata (wind element), Kapha (water element) and Pitta (fire element). Ayurvedic medicine maintains that all ailments of the human body arise from an imbalance in the proportion of these three vital elements.
Basic Principles of Ayurveda
- For every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction
- A quality is decreased by its opposite quality.
- Like increases like.
- For every effect, there is a root cause…
By applying these principles to everyday life, Ayurveda creates harmony in the body, mind and spirit, thereby prolonging life and eliminating the causes of disease, disorder and dysfunction.
Ayurveda is considered nature to be made of the three main gunas. These three gunas are named as sattva, rajas and tamas. It is the inner qualities which is present in all forms of nature. Even Ayurveda is governed by five main elements called panchamahabhutas. This includes space, fire, water, air and earth.
Human structure is considered to be made-up of seven main tissues which are known as ‘Dhatus’. These main seven types’ of tissues are plasma, adipose tissue, muscle, bone marrow, bone, blood and reproductive tissue.
Ayurveda is very much beneficial of maintaining well-being and good health. It also plays an important role in the holistic treatment for many chronic diseases like heart disease, diabetes, cancer, etc as it has proven and has also be accepted by many countries like Japan, Singapore, USA, Canada, UK, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Finland, etc.
Holistic Approach of Ayurveda
In this approach Ayurveda involves usage of drugs, change in behaviour and diet problems of the mind and body to promote good health.
In Other To Cure Disease And Remove It Completely From The Root, Four Main Procedures Must Be Involved
- Spiritual and Psychological healing
Ayurvedic approach to any disease is holistic and therefore after getting cured by Ayurveda a person will feel improvement in all levels, physical, mental and psychological conditions.
- Ayurvedic medicines are derived from herbs, plants, flowers, fruits, vegetables, etc making it a remedy which is 100% natural.
- There are no side effects for Ayurveidc medicine in practically.
- Ayurveda treatment has been very effective in curing of many chronic diseases.
- An Ayurveda treatment is wellness to the entire body and will be more effective for a longer time than Allopathic treatment.
- Ayurveda helps in treating diseases and also in preventing the occurrence of diseases.
- Ayurveda gives guidelines on how to tackle the diseases by means of simple dietary and lifestyle changes.
- Ayurveda medicines are good for healthy people and also help in nourishing the body and enhancing mental ability.
- Ayurveda treatment and medicines are comparatively cheaper and more effective than other Allopathic medicine.
- Ayurveda suggests readily available herbs and spices for minor ailments.
- Ayurveda therapies provides relief from stress and also rejuvenating the body.
- Ayurveda treatment is very gentle and harmless to the body, always working with the body’s own intelligence.
- Ayurveda recognizes the subtle anatomy, our mind, emotions and spirit are as important as our physical anatomy.
- Ayurveda maintains body metabolism as it helps in removing toxins from the body.
- Ayurveda heals many varieties of diseases that modern medicines will fails to cure.
Advantages Of Ayurveda Treatment
The treatments in Ayurveda are found in the natural world, and most are simply diet and lifestyle. As we are a part of nature, our weaknesses are a part of nature, and so the treatments to correct our weaknesses will be found in nature. Ayurvedic medicines give strength and enhance the body’s own natural healing system process to heal itself. It is a natural process of curing any disease and removing the root cause of the disease. Ayurveda tells us about the way of living. Ayurvedic medicines have no side effect to the body.
This system of medicine and wellness is a part of God’s plan for mankind. He told us plainly in Genesis 1:29 and 30 that He has provided all kinds of grain and all kinds of fruit for us to eat, while Psalm 104:14 says that “herb is for the service of man”. In the same vein, Ezekiel 47:12 says “…their leaves for healing.”